Why You Should Join Cara
Here’s a secret we want everyone to know: anyone can find success at Cara, as long as they’re willing to commit.
A lot of people need help finding a job—so who is the right fit for Cara?
Our participants vary widely in age, skillset, and background, but what sets them apart is their eagerness to learn, hone their skills, and get to work. If you’re unemployed or underemployed and looking for help getting and keeping a job—and launching a meaningful career—this is what you should know about the incredible people who make up the Cara community.
Qualities of Cara Participants
“From the moment April walked into Cara, she embraced her new community of friends with open arms. She immediately showed her dedication to learning new skills and building the confidence she needed to succeed in a full-time job.”
The above snippet from April’s story exemplifies the best mindset that a Cara participant can have. Our most successful participants come each day with a humble, eager, and open-minded attitude that shows they are ready to grow. Since our training focuses on five competencies—conflict resolution, team building, professionalism, communication, and time management—it stands that people who embody these qualities do well in the program. That said, we’re here to help you grow in these areas. So, anyone looking for a job with the motivation and determination to make big changes happen in their life will excel at Cara.
But if you want to get the most out of your Cara experience, here are a few things you can do to help prepare you for success:
- View your journey as a true partnership with Cara. Everyone at Cara, from fellow participants to our dedicated staff and volunteers, is here to lend a hand on your job-search journey. Lean on us, and we’ll be there for you every step of the way.
- Be open to constructive criticism and feedback. Our goal is to help you show the best version of yourself to potential employers. To get you there, we’ll work with you to hone your existing talents and refine other essential job skills.
- Be comfortable with being vulnerable. Embrace the full support of our community. Everyone at Cara is here to listen to what you have to say with open ears, respect, and compassion. We encourage you to be responsive to outreach from others and keep yourself open to forming real connections.
- Have a vision of what success means to you. Come knowing what you want—even if it’s the simple answer of “help finding a job”—and we’ll do whatever we can to help you get there. Knowing and drawing on your purpose in joining Cara will be an essential part of your journey and help motivate you along the way.
- Put in the work. It’s not always going to be easy. You must be able to commit to attending trainings and workshops and do what it takes to find sustainable opportunities to provide for yourself and your family. Think of Cara as an investment, and really take advantage of all we have to offer.
Success at Cara
Cara participants come from all walks of life, so we know success is a unique journey for each participant. But every participant is successful as soon as they take those first steps toward gainful employment. Wherever that employment journey starts, whether it’s in the form of an internship, temporary job placement, permanent part-time, or permanent full-time position, the end result is meaningful employment that fuels your sense of purpose, pride, and growth.
But that’s a lot to take in all at once. Start by thinking about your short-term goals and then imagining them long-term. If you’re not quite there yet but need help getting a job, we can give you a hand. All you have to do is be dedicated from day one onward to joining our community and fully committing to the job search and retention process. Show up each day ready to work and open to honest self-reflection.