INCLUSION ACTION LAB
Talent solutions for inclusive
and thriving businesses
Now accepting registrations through January 7, 2022
Our Inclusion Action Lab
The Inclusion Action Lab works alongside employers to grow their talent pipelines and create inclusive workplaces that promote business and employee performance. Leveraging our work with 100+ employers and 7,500+ job seekers, companies will learn the barriers that prevent them from reaching and retaining qualified talent. By tapping into the direct experience of job seekers and workers – as well as learnings from participating companies – this exclusive cohort provides employers with tactical strategies they can take to tap new talent pools while also impacting the communities hardest hit by poverty.
EXPAND YOUR TALENT PIPELINE
by discovering how you can better define and market open roles to attract a wider talent pool
HIRE MORE INCLUSIVELY
by reducing barriers for candidates and assessing transferable skills across the hiring process
INCREASE FRONTLINE RETENTION
by strengthening onboarding and manager relationships to better support employee success
PROMOTE TALENT MOBILITY
by developing a culture where employees can thrive and creating pathways for them to grow
Inclusion Action Road Map
Over the course of the Inclusion Action Lab, companies go through an immersive experience where inclusive-minded business leaders have a space to meaningfully connect with their teams and leaders at other companies to explore and drive transformational talent practices. This experience includes three steps:
Cultivate Your Inclusive Talent Strategies
Get inspired by Cara Collective’s worker-centered recruitment and retention practices and workshop inclusive strategies with your team and peers in the cohort.
Launch an Inclusive Practice Pilot
Drill down on the talent practices that align with the metrics that matter to your company and design a pilot to activate these practices in your organization.
Join an Inclusive Employer Network
Deploy your pilot and stay connected with your cohort and other alumni for ongoing peer learning, support, and accountability to sustainably grow the impact of these practice changes.
The Inclusion Action Lab is best suited for employers that are ready to take action on inclusion and have at least one entry level role that does not require pre-existing industry specialization. Companies should select at least two (and up to four) team members to represent their organization:
- We require companies to include at least one decision maker that has the influence to implement recruitment or retention-related practices within a team, including senior HR leaders and business unit leaders.
- We recommend companies bring a team that works together and represents multiple levels (e.g., Vice President, Director, Hiring Manager, Recruiter). Companies can also bring a group of people at the same level in different departments who have shared goals for the organization.
The cohort will convene monthly for six half-day sessions. The expected time commitment is 6 hours per month (including preparation). Since this is a highly interactive experience, attendance at all sessions is required. Registration is $4,995 per company.
Upcoming Cohort Dates
- Registration Deadline: Friday, January 7
- Launch: Friday, January 28
- Closing Session: Friday, June 24
- “I learned so much! I have attended several DEI trainings over the past few years but really appreciated the collaboration and tailored approach provided by the Cara Inclusive Employment Institute. Learning from not only the Cara experts but also members of the Cara community and other companies that are tackling DEI challenges was incredibly valuable. Thank you so much! ”– Jillian Radke, North America Head of Campus Recruitment, AON
- “You’re being biased in your hiring practices and you don’t even realize it. It’s happening every day, but you are oblivious. Implicit biases are preventing you from creating a Diverse and Inclusive workplace. Cara will work with you to educate and better form your understanding of what it truly means to be inclusive. ”– Zeeshan Syed, Talent Acquisition Lead, IAA
- “Cara is the gold standard of community organizations that come alongside the job candidate, meet their individual needs, place them in transitional employment, and then transition them to meaningful jobs. ”– Genevieve Martin, Executive Director, Dave’s Killer Bread Foundation
Now Registering for our Inclusion Action Lab
Interested in attending? Register now or contact us for more information.